Saturday, January 5, 2008

Piano Crash Course



" ...and now I enjoy what I used to hate! Why? Because I understand what I'm doing because now I understand chords and chord progressions. I eventually went on to get my Masters Degree and have taught piano to thousands of students -- and it was easy because of all I had learned about music theory and harmony due to playing and understanding chords." - Duane Shinn


Shinn has created a course where you can learn to play the piano in just 52 weeks. If you are a beginner (child or adult) these lessons that come with DVDs will show you how to play chords and site read at the same time. I just came across this zimbio and thought I'd share it with those of you who have expressed interest in learning to play. One draw back however is there is no accountability like there is in live lessons. But these lessons would be great for you who are self motivators. Learn more by visiting this site: http://www.pianolessonsbyvideo.com/crash.htm
You will learn basic chord progressions and apply them to familiar songs. Don't be handicapped by your ignorance. Go for it!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I began taking lessons again (had 2 years of them when I was 8-10 yrs old!) last April. I had retained a lot of information but I still struggle with it. I so wish I had more time to practice... I'd like to be able to play for church sometime.

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I absolutely adore Shirley and am pleased that you dropped by via her site.

Take care and Happy New Year!

Music Eloquence said...

Jayleigh, that's great to hear you are taking lessons again after not having them for so long. Music is so therapeutic, as well as a God given talent that can and should be used for His glory. I hope you do get to play in church one day. You will..."I can do all things through Christ." =)

Thank you as well for stopping by my site. When time enables you to, stop by again. God bless.