Tuesday, December 25, 2007

New Year's Resolutions


The new year is rapidly approaching. Do you have your list of resolutions ready? Often people make resolutions they cannot keep, or simply won't keep. We start out with good intentions but soon find ourselves falling short. We can keep our resolutions if we start out simple and build on them. Here are a few I'm thinking about.

-Eat healthier
-Be a better music teacher
-Be a better wife, mother, friend
-Notice not good, but great things in people
-Practice more classical music
-Show more appreciation
-Live life to the fullest
-Give everything my best shot
-Spend more time with family
-Be a good listener
-Not just tell people, but show people that I love them
-Be a Proverbs 31 woman
-Not good, but great
-Inspire not good, but great
-Witness more
-Drink at least 3 bottles of water per day
-Keep in better touch with long distance friends and family


I may add to this later. But these thoughts have been with me today, Christmas day. What are your thoughts for the coming year?

6 comments:

East Coast-er Momma said...

Awww, I just love your family photos...it's nice to see new ones up. Your New Year's resolutions post reminded me that I should be making some of my own as well! I'll make sure to post some soon. It was great getting a response from you...heh. I make sure to keep my blog updated because I know that you're one of my most eager, and avid readers!! I love you and wish to make connections with you soon. I hope your Christmas was merry and bright.
Love, your bestest buddy EVER!

Vonney said...

Great post... Gives me something to think about! (: I have a couple of those on my list.. Hope you had a merry christmas! ps...I STILL have your xmas card! lol I will have to mail it now..lol
Love ya!

Kari Morgan said...

Hi there Von de leigh!!! We sure miss you guys!!! Your little guy is soooo adorable! I wish I could kiss his little cheeks!
Kari Morgan

Music Eloquence said...

Meesh, check this out... we got to stay in Sac until Friday. I know you were in PN and NY but still I thought just maybe you'd come home early. Yes, I do check up on your blog every day almost. Christmas was wonderful. I missed you though.

Vonney, thanks. I totally identified with your last post and being so grateful as a mother, especially at Christmas time. I'll have to try the new energy drink. I'm a sucker for those. lol

Kari, We miss you too. We were just talking about you guys the other day and what fun you are and your terrific job with the youth at trc. Hope all is going great for your family. We love you guys.

ps Noah is something else isn't he? He's absolutely terrific. (Does every mom think this way?)

Missy said...

Thanks for blog-surfing over to my blog and stopping to comment!
I wish you a very Happy New Year!
I have made the no-sew blankets - I wait for fleece to go on sale, make a bunch of small ones and donate them to the animal shelter!
Missy

Music Eloquence said...

Missy, thanks for dropping by. Happy new year to you too. I love the creativity you talk about in your blog. I can learn a lot.

I am curious though, what does the animal shelter do with your fleece blankets? Are they for the animals or a charitable sponsor of some kind? I can see donating them to homeless shelters as a great idea too.